MINUTES OF THE CLOCAENOG COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ONTUESDAY 16TH JANUARY 2018 IN THE CHURCH HALL. CLOCAENOG AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Mark Lewis (Chairman), Ifor Roberts, Gwyndaf Rees, Dylan Jones,Iona Jones, Catrin Jones and the Clerk.
1. APOLOGIES: Councillor Janet Rogers.2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.None received.
3. CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.To be conﬁrmed.
4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.A. Denbighshire County Council has still not resolved the Maes Caenog Housing Estate carpark issue on the work requires at the entrance.B. SADS UK thanked the Council for the £100.00 donation towards the Deﬁbrillator training
course held in October. The ofﬁcial “Loan Certiﬁcate” has been received for the £5,000.00 loan provided by the Council towards the purchase of the “Glan Llyn Community Public House” in Clawddnewydd.
1 Denbighshire County Council, confirmed the following regarding the new Carreg Emlyn Primary School complex in Clocaenog:-
1. Wynne Contractors has been awarded the contract.
2. Final negotiations are in place with the current land owners to purchase the land.
5. FINANCE.. Bank balances :
B. Final 2017/18 Precept receipt - £1,230.00.
C. the Clerk circulated members with “Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales” report inrespect of Members allowances.
D. Council’s 2018/19 Precept requirement - Members resolved for a standstill precept requirement for 2018/19 of £3,690.00.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
7. CORRESPONDENCE.A. Mr Colin Morgan, Council’s Webmaster, informed Council that the Council’s Website is now due for renewal at the cost of £239.48. The Chairman agreed to contact Mr Nick Ferguson for a quotation for the Council’s Website.
B. A number of reports were received for information purposes.
8. URGENT BUSINESS UNDER SECTION l00B (4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.Members discussed the verbal resignation of the Clerk and resolved to accept the resignation.
9. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING Tuesday 20th March 2018 in the Church Hall, Clocaenog at 7.30 p.m.
Minutes following Clocaenog Community Council meeting dated 16/3/2018
Present: Councillors Mark Lewis (chairperson), Gwyndaf Rees, Dylan Jones, Iona Jones, IforRoberts and Catrin Jones.
1. Members discussed the clerk for Clocaenog Community Council Mr Gwyn Davies's position.
2. The Majority of Members in agreement to accept the clerk’s resignation.
3. Members agreed for chairperson to inform the clerk Gwyn Davies of their decision.
4. Members agreed for chairperson to speak with Wyn Hughes (previous clerk to CCC) to temporary step in as acting clerk.
MINUTES OF THE CLOCAENOG COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ONTUESDAY 21st NOVEMBER 2017 IN THE CHURCH HALL. CLOCAENOG AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Mark ‘Lewis (Chairman), Gwyndaf Rees, Janet Rogers, Dylan Jones and the Clerk.
1: APOLOGIES: Councillors Ifor Roberts, Catrin Jones and Iona Jones.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
3. CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members conﬁrmed 19th September 2017 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A. the Highways and Housing Departments of Denbighshire County Council are unable to
agree which Department is responsible for the work that is required at the Maes Caenog Car
Park in Clocaenog.
B. the Modernising Education Ofﬁcer of Denbighshire County Council conﬁrmed that
Wynne Construction has been awarded the contract to build the new Carreg Emlyn Primary
School in Clocaenog and ongoing negotiations with the land owners for the land purchase.
C. Councillor Gwyndaf Rees has received the signage for the Clocaenog Playgroung from
Steve Hughes Signs. . -
5. GLAN LLYN. CLAWDDNEWYDD UPDATE.
The Company Secretary of the Glan Llyn is in the process of providing the Community Council with the “Loan Certificate”.
A. Bank balances £7,571.00.
B. Bill payments:-
1. Wales Audit Ofﬁce £146.25.
2. Steve Hughes Signs £55.00.
3. SADS UK — Deﬁbrillator Training - £100.00.
4. Clerl’s salary ‘for the quarter ended 31st December 2017 - £240.00.
5. PAYE for the quarter ended 31st December 2017 - £60.00.
D. BDO (Southampton) External Auditor completion of the Annual Retum for the year ended
31st March 2017.
E. Eisteddfod yr Urdd Sir Ddinbych 2020 local target - £4,000.00.
7. PLANNING ISSUES.
Denbighshire County Council has granted planning application 11/2017/0843 - details of the
appearance, landscaping, layout, and scale for the erection of a rural enterprise dwelling
submitted in accordance with condition number l of outline permission code number,
11/2016/1258 on land at Tyn-y-Celyn, Clocaenog.
A. Denbighshire County Council Highways Department conﬁrmed that only hills and bends
will receive heaped grit for the forthcoming winter period.
B. A number of reports were received for information purposes.
9. URGENT BUSINESS UNDER SECTION 100B(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
The Chairman circulated members with the following report on Maes Glas:-
Letters sent out on the 18 May 2017 by Mair Jones Principal Valuation and Estates Surveyor, Valuation and Estates to Mr Gwyn Davies Clerk for Clocaenog Community Council and County Councillor Eryl Williams regarding the proposed sale of Maes Glas Farm. It was '
stated in the letter as fo1lowing:-
If the Community Council has any comments regarding this, then I would be grateful to hear
from you within the next three weeks.
Our ﬁrst meeting we held after that date was Tuesday 19 July 2017, which was when the
Clerk informed Clocaenog Community Councillors about the matter. This was eight weeks
later! There was no mention of the letter stating the three week period. It was minuted later in
Correspondence as following:-
The Principal Valuation and Estates Surveyor of Denbighshire County Council reported that Maes Glas is surplus to the County Council’s requirement and will sell to the existing tenant. Councillor Iona Jones agreed to make local enquiries regarding the clauses restricting the
sellng of Maes Glas.
Following our meeting on 19th September 2017 the Members resolved for the Clerk to write to Denbighshire County Council informing them that the previous owner of Maes Glas transferred ownership to the Council with the proviso that all future tenants of the farm be a starter farm for young farmers commencing in the farming industry.
I spoke to the Clerk on the evening of 16th November requesting a copy of the letter dated 18th May for our forthcoming meeting, then conﬁrmed he had written to Mrs Jones at Denbighshire but had not received a reply. Mrs Mair Jones stated she had not received any response from the Community Council when I spoke to her on 17 November. Regarding the letters sent on 18 May clearly stating comments to be received within three
weeks, it’s astonishing we the members were discussing the matter in July and September because it had not been brought to our attention.
Therefore members of Clocaenog Community Council did not have the opportunity to put forward their comments to Denbighshire County Council before the eighth of June 2017, as the Clerk for the Council had not brought to our attention during the requested period.
I have been informed that Maes Glas Farm has now been sold to the Occupier.
10. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING - Tuesday 16"‘ January 2018 in the Church Hall,
Clocaenog at 7.30 p.m.