To Download and Read or Print Council Minutes or Reports Click on the Relevant Report Name or Minutes Date.
All Minutes are PDF and no more than 25kb.
You will require ADOBE READER to access the minutes.
Download ADOBE READER Here.
Wind farm fund guidelines, application form and distribution list.
Ffurflen gais,rhestr dosbarthiad a gwifrau tywys i Gronfa ffermydd gwynt.
MINUTES OF THE DERWEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 17TH MAY 2017 IN THE COMMITTEE ROOM, CANOLFAN CAE CYMRO, CLAWDDNEWYDD AT 7.30 P.M.
1: PRESENT: Councillors Llefelys Rees (Chairman), Robert Hughes, Hywel Jones, John Crowhurst, Thomas Griffiths, Gaynor Jones and the Clerk.
2. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN FOR THE 2017/18 TERM OF OFFICE.
Members elected Councillor Llefelys Rees as Chairman for the 2017/18 term of office.
3. ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE 2017/18 TERM OF OFFICE.
Members elected Councillor John Crowhurst as Vice-Chairman for the 2017/18 term of office.
4. COMPLETION OF FORMS.
Members completed the “Declaration of Acceptance of Office” and “Register of Members’ Interests” forms.
5. COUNCIL’S VACANT SEAT.
Following the recent retirement of former Member, Bethan Roberts, the Clerk circulated the “Notice of Co-option” to fill the Council’s vacant seat. The closing date for consideration of the Electorate for the vacancy is 9th June 2017. Members resolved to hold a special meeting of the Council on 23rd June 2017 to consider the applicants.
6. CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 15th March 2017 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
7. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A. Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council reported on the following:-
1. The positioning of the 30 mph on the Bryn Coch, Clawddnewydd side of the B5105 is being considered by the Department.
2. The provision of double central white lines between Bryn Coch, Clawddnewydd and Bryn Ffynnon, Clocaenog on the B5105 does not comply with the Highways Law “Criteria”.
3. The owner of the Caravan on the land opposite Gan Aber in Derwen has now vacated the Caravan following the lambing season.
4. The “Lon Tilin” path in Derwen is not shown on the Definitive Map and therefore the removal of the gate opposite Gan Aber, Derwen cannot be forced unless it can be proven that the path is a Public Footpath. Members resolved to make the relevant enquiries locally.
B. the Clerk has received details for the provision of a new Notice Board for Derwen Village and will confirm the purchase details at the next Council meeting.
C. Denbighshire County Council has granted planning permission for the erection of replacement single storey sunroom extension (Listed Building Application) at Coed-y-Foel, Derwen.
D. Councillor Hywel Jones agreed to meet representative s of Denbighshire County Council Environment Department and E. Jones & Son, Clawddnewydd regarding the filling of part of the Clawddnewydd Pond (Glan Llyn Public House end).
E. Derwen Village Defibrillator update:-
1. Dr Paul Smith of Derwen presented £600.00 to the Community Council towards the costs.
2. BT provided a contract for the adoption of the Derwen kiosk (to house the community defibrillator) for £1.00 to the Community Council. Members resolved to accept the contract and signed by the Clerk.
3. Members resolved to purchase a “Heated Cabinet” to house the Defibrillator from SADS UK for £335.00.
4. Members appointed D.E. Jones, Electrician from Corwen, to install the heated cabinet.
A. Bank balances - £14,409.00.
B. First 2017/18 Precept receipt - £2,000.00.
C. Cymdeithas Capeli Clawddnewydd and Derwen thanked the Community Council for the £250.00 grant from the “Community Wind Farms Fund”.
D. the Clerk reported the completion of the Annual Financial Return for the year ended 31st March 2017. Simon Murray-Williams (Internal Auditor) of Harold Smith, St. Asaph reported a clean report on the Annual Return which will now be submitted to the External Auditors (appointed by the Wales Audit Office) – BDO of Southampton.
E. Bill payments:-
1. Clerk’s salary for the quarter ended 30th June 2017 - £300.00.
2. PAYE for the quarter ended 30th June 2017 - £75.00.
3. Clerk’s expenses for the “Community Wind Farms Fund” meeting - £40.82.
4. Shaws & Sons for the “Declaration of Acceptance of Office” and “Register of Members’ Interests” forms - £52.94.
5. Canolfan Cae Cymro - two Council meetings costs - £20.00.
6. Harold Smith – Internal Auditors - £144.00.
7. Colin Morgan – Council’s Website Fees - £16.78.
8. AON UK Limited – Annual Insurance Premium - £333.21.
9. BT – Derwen kiosk adoption - £1.00.
10. John Lloyd – two community grass cutting - £144.00.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
A. Members resolved not to appoint a representative on the One Voice Wales Area Committee.
B. A number of reports were received for information purposes.
11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
A. Members resolved for the Clerk to write to the Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
1. When will the recent works on the entrance to Trem-y-Coed housing estate, Clawddnewydd will be completed.
2. Tree branches need to be cut at the Pool Park Forestry on the B5105 highway.
3. When will the highway be resurfaced between Derwen Village and Gwerni, Derwen.
B. Members resolved to relocate the Council’s notice board from Canolfan Cae Cymro to the Community Shop in Clawddnewydd.
C. Members resolved for the Clerk to remind John Lloyd to replace the Cherry Tree in Derwen village.
12. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Wednesday 19th July 2017 in the Chpel Vestry, Derwen at 7.30 p.m.
MINUTES OF THE DERWEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 19TH JULY 2017 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, DERWEN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Llefelys Rees (Chairman), Robert Hughes, Thomas Griffiths, John Crowhurst, Gaynor Jones and the Clerk.
1: APOLOGIES: Councillor Hywel Jones.
2. CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 17th May 2017 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A. Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council reported on the following:-
1. Works on the entrance to Trem-y-Coed, Clawddnewydd has now been completed.
2. Any overgrown branches by the Pool Park Forestry entrance will be auctioned.
3. The section of highway between Derwen village towards Gwerni will not be resurfaced within the current financial year.
B. Councillors Hywel Jones and Thomas Griffiths attended a site meeting on 17th July 2017 at Clawddnewydd Pond with Mr Andrew Hibbert from Denbighshire County Council Countryside Services. Mr Hibbert, subject to confirmation from his Senior Officer, had no objections to making the site a smaller and deeper pond and suggested creating two ponds where the smaller pond will feed to larger pond. Mr Hibbert will report back on his findings in due course.
C. the BT Phone Kiosk in Derwen has now been fully adopted by the Community Council and BT has removed the redundant phone within.
D. Derwen Village Defibrillator update:-
1. The heated cabinet has been delivered.
2. The Clerk still awaits a reply from D.E. Jones, Electrician, to install the heated cabinet.
3. Members resolved to purchase advance location signage for the Defibrillator.
E. Members discussed the various notice boards available from Malcolm Lane &Son and resolved to purchase two “Rutland” notice boards, one for Derwen Village and one located next to the Clawddnewydd Pond.
4. COUNCIL’S VACANT SEAT.
No applications were received to the notice of the vacant seat which expired on 9th June 2017 which has replaced by a new notice of the vacant seat which will expire on 18th August 2017.
A. Bank balances - £13,050.00.
B. Bill payments:-
1. John Lloyd – two community grass cuttings - £144.00.
2. SADS UK – Heated Defibrillator Cabinet - £335.00.
3. Denbighshire County Council – Derwen Election Costs for 4th May 2017 - £160.92.
6. PLANNING APPLICATION.
Erection of an agricultural storage building and demolition of existing building at Graig Wen, Pwllglas – no objections.
A. the Clerk will attend the annual “Cluster” meeting between Denbighshire County Council and City, Town and Community Councils on Thursday 20th July 2017 in County Hall, Ruthin at 6.00 p.m.
B. the Red Squirrel Ranger for Clocaenog Forest will be in attendance at the annual Derwen Show and sought a grant towards the Show pitch hire. Members resolved to award the grant.
C. A number of reports were received for information purposes.
8. DISCUSSION WITH THE PUBLIC.
A. Recent untidy cut of the Derwen Church Graveyard – resolved for the Clerk to inform Reverend Richard Carter.
B. Continued dog fouling problems in Derwen village – resolved for the Clerk to inform the Dog Warden of Denbighshire County Council.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
A. Members resolved for the Clerk to ask Denbighshire County Council to extend the footpath beyond the four new properties on the B5105 in Clawddnewydd (Ruthin side).
B. Members resolved for the Clerk to inform the Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council regarding the obstructing tractor and trailer parked on the B5105 lay-by in Clawddnewydd next to the Telephone Exchange.
C. Members resolved for the Clerk to ask Mr Dolby to cut the hedge he owns on the Public Footpath opposite Derwen Church towards Derwenfa.
10. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Wednesday 20th September 2017 in Canolfan Cae Cymro, Clawddnewydd at 7.30 p.m.