To Download and Read or Print Council Minutes or Reports Click on the Relevant Report Name or Minutes Date.
All Minutes are PDF and no more than 25kb.
You will require ADOBE READER to access the minutes.
Download ADOBE READER Here.
Wind farm fund guidelines, application form and distribution list.
Ffurflen gais,rhestr dosbarthiad a gwifrau tywys i Gronfa ffermydd gwynt.
MINUTES OF THE DERWEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER 2017 IN THE COMMITTEE ROOM, CANOLFAN CAE CYMRO, CLAWDDNEWYDD AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Llefelys Rees (Chairman), Robert Hughes, Erfyl Roberts, Hywel Jones, John Crowhurst, Gaynor Jones and the Clerk
1: APOLOGIES: Councillor Thomas Griffiths.
The Chairman welcomed Councillor Erfyl Roberts to his first Council meeting as Councillor and duly completed the “Declaration of Acceptance of Office” and “Register of Members’ Interests” forms.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
4. CONFIRM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL.
Members confirmed 19th July and 23rd August 2017 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A. the Countryside Access Officer of Denbighshire County Council provided Council with an application form to formally register “Cefn Tilin” as a Public Footpath. As part of the application has to be supported by evidence that the route was used as a Public Footpath in the past and members resolved to ask local residents for the provision of evidence required.
B. the Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council reported on the following issues:-
1. The Highways Department has agreed to extend the footpath beyond the four new properties on the B5105 in Clawddnewydd (Ruthin side), but do not have the funds for the proposed extension in the current financial year.
2. The lay-by in Clawddnewydd next to the Telephone Exchange in Clawddnewydd is not classed as part of the public carriageway.
C. Councillor Hywel Jones still awaits a formal reply from Adrian Hibbert and Garry Davies from the Denbighshire County Council Countryside Services for permission for the required works required for the Clawddnewydd Pond.
D. the Senior Public Protection Officer (Community Safety) has visited Derwen Village regarding the Dog Fouling Issues.
E. the Defibrillator signs for Derwen has now been completed and received and Councillor Hywel Jones agreed to ask Sion Dolben (Electrician) to complete the electrical connection for the heated cabinet.
F. Permission is granted for Councillor Hywel Jones to order two public notice boards for Derwen and Clawddnewydd.
G. Mr Dolby has now cut the hedge on the Public Footpath opposite Derwen Chapel towards Derwenfa.
H. The second cut of the Derwen Churchyard has now taken place.
A. Bank balances - £14,747.00.
B. Second 2017/18 Precept Receipt - £2,000.00.
1. Clerk’s salary for the year ended 30th September 2017 - £300.00.
2. PAYE for the year ended 30th September 2017 - £75.00.
3. John Lloyd for two community grass cuttings - £144.00.
4. Canolfan Cae Cymro for two Council meetings - £20.00.
5. PR Signs for the Derwen Defibrillator Signs - £139.20.
7. PLANNING ISSUES.
A. Members has no observations to the “Odour Impact Assessment” to the development of 0.49 hectares of land (outline application including means of access) on land adjoining Crud-yr-Awel, Clawddnewydd.
B. Denbighshire County Council Consultation on Local Development Plan Review Report and Draft Delivery Agreement for the Replacement Local Development Plan 21st August 2017 to 20th October 2017.
A. the Modernising Education Officer of Denbighshire County Council confirmed that the appointment of a contractor to build Ysgol Carreg Emlyn in Clocaenog will be announced at the end of September 2017.
B. The presentation on the review of the Electoral Arrangements for the County of Denbighshire by the Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales will take place on 17th October 2017 in County Hall, Ruthin at 6.00 p.m.
C. A number of reports were received for information purposes.
9. DISCUSSION WITH THE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC PRESENT.
No matters were discussed.
10. URGENT MATTERS UNDER SECTION 100B(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
Members resolved for the Clerk to write to the Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
A. The highway verge hedge by Parc Bach in Derwen needs cutting as it is causing highway narrowness in the current condition.
B. Blocked highway gully's between Clwyd View and Ty Orsaf on the Bryn Saith Marchog to Derwen road.
C. Blocked highway gully's on the hill between Bryn Siriol and Gwerni, Derwen.
D. Blocked highway gully outside the Community Centre in Clawddnewydd.
E. Standing highway surface water on the Cambwll Road.
11. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Wednesday 15th November 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Derwen at 7.30 p.m.